Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Who Watches The Watchmen?

The original Latin phrase is Quis custodiet ipso custodes? and its history is interesting by itself. You can find more about it at this page.

However, what I mean in the title is a question of who watches the Watchmen movie. Apparently more than 10 million people, including my wife and I, did in the first few days.


Some observations about the movie:

1. It ROCKS!

2. It was very well adapted from the original 12-issue comic book series which is one of the best comics ever.

3. My wife likes it too.

4. I'm old enough that the beautiful young actress I remember from my youth (Carla Guggino) plays the mother of the female lead in the movie. Carla is actually two years younger than I am. She is also the mother in Spy Kids movies.

5. Human should strive to be Dr. Manhattan in the next few centuries.

6. This movie is not for young children. Way too violent for kids.

7. The director Zack Snyder's other movies include Dawn of the Dead (2004) and 300, both of which I like a lot.

8. The actors who play Rorschach and Nite Owl II are both in another excellent film, Little Children. When I say it's excellent, I mean that it's already excellent even if the beautiful Jennifer Connelly and the beautiful, nude Kate Winslet didn't appear in the movie. If you are older than 25, you might find it excellent too. (Warning, the zone-3 DVD sold in Thailand censors a lot of things, so go with other source for better viewing experience.)

No comments: