Monday, February 23, 2009

Slumdog Rules!

Didn't I tell you that "Slumdog Millionaire Should Win A Nobel Prize In Movie"?  Since there's no Nobel prize in movie, Slumdog got the next best thing, winning 8 Oscars! 

It won Best Picture, Directing, Music (Song), Music (Score), Film Editing, Sound Mixing, Cinematography, and Writing (Adapted Screenplay.)

If you haven't seen it, you should take a look.  I told my wife it's a chick movie to get her to see it and after she saw it she told me "Ko, it's not a chick movie." Ha ha ha.

My previous predictions didn't work out so well.  In 1991, I thought Beauty and the Beast would win the Best Picture, but The Silence of the Lambs won.  Also, in 1995 I thought Babe would beat Braveheart, but I was wrong.  But imagine a world where Babe beat Braveheart.  Well, I couldn't either, but a man must have some impossible dreams.


No comments: