Sunday, February 04, 2007

The U.S. Empire Is Crumbling

Although it made me very sad, I have to agree with the Game Over: Thirty-Six Sure-Fire Signs That Your Empire Is Crumbling article by David Michael Green. The U.S. is damaging itself tremendously by persuing the wasteful and murderous policies.

I spent most of my adolescent and young-adult life in the U.S. and remember it as a great place with great people. I have many wonderful friends from the U.S. It's amazing what a mess the country has become in a few short years. The situation is a dramatic demonstation of what "Democracy" with an easily fooled (or outright stupid) population, immoral-and-overly-profit-oriented press, and some election cheating can do to a country, even a great one such as the U.S.

I hope the new Congress will stop and reverse this decline in time and won't allow the Invasion of Iran to happen.

Meanwhile, I am continued to be frustrated by the lack of result in cleaning up Thailand's mess left by the exiled-but-still-very-rich election stealer. I hope the effort shows some effectiveness soon, or my country will be setback again by another election by a stupid/easily-fooled population, immoral-and-overly-profit-oriented press, and election stealing before the year's end.

No comments: