Thursday, May 17, 2007

Two Ways To Combat Ignorance Promulgated By Religious Fundamentalists

Lately, religious fundamentalists of all types are trying to force schools in many countries to either stop teaching evolution as an explanation of how life and species were formed, or to spend equal time teaching nonsense that is amply contradicted by evidences.

Here are two ways to combat such vile attempts:

1. A rational way: Explain the frequently misunderstood aspects of evolution, and,
2. A sublime way: Convert the infidels to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

If you are interested in evolution, you can start here.

The book that changed my view of how the world came to be is The Blind Watchmaker, by Richard Dawkins. I read it when I was 19 and I'm so glad I did. Dawkins wrote in the book: "I want to persuade the reader, not just that the Darwinian world-view happens to be true, but that it is the only known theory that could, in principle, solve the mystery of our existence."

You can learn more about the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster here (Wikipedia), here (Uncyclopedia), and here (the official website.)

No comments: