Friday, September 24, 2010

I Like DealExtreme

I ordered some small rare-earth magnets from DealExtreme last year since it's hard to find them in Thailand. The magnets are strong and cheap and I'm very happy with them and have used them in quite a few scientific demonstrations for young kids.

Recently, I was looking for adapters that will connect my laptop to external screens/projectors so I need a Mini DisplayPort to DVI and a Mini DisplayPort to VGA. In Thailand, Apple sells them for 1,000 baht (about $33) each. I think the price is quite steep so I went to DealExtreme and search for them. It turns out that the adapters are about 300 baht (about $10) and they work fine with all the monitors I connect them to. Since it's so cheap, I bought a few and leave them at the office and at home too so I will be able to connect to an external monitor wherever I work.

Now I have my eyes on some digital microscopes that sell for $30-40. I already have one that I got from ThinkGeek.com but I paid over $300 for it two years ago. With this cheap price, I should get one or two for my students so that they can explore the microscopic world around them a bit.

DealExtreme offer free shipping worldwide and I usually receive my orders in 2-3 weeks.

No comments: