Thursday, September 25, 2008

Physics For Future Presidents

If you hate physics, chances are, your physics teachers sucked and didn't show you the connection between physical laws and how nature works.  If you still want to give physics a second chance, I highly recommend this website.  (If you already like physics/science in general, I think you will also find the site very entertaining.)

You can read some sample chapters and listen to the podcast.

If you don't know where to start, I suggest this page about "Waves, including UFOs, earthquakes, and music"--you get to learn about Area-51, rescuing pilots in World War II, detecting nuclear explosions, and locating earthquake epicenters. 

You can also buy the popular version of the book (as opposed to the textbook) and have a good overview of basic physics that every responsible citizens should know.  If you are in Thailand, you can find it at Kinokuniya.  I picked mine up at Kinokuniya at Siam Paragon.  I think it's still 20% off.

I learned many things I haven't realized before.  Things like the fact that chocolate chip cookies has 8 times the energy per gram compared to TNT!

2 comments:

Chris said...

I picked the popscience book up at Kinokuniya 2 weeks ago :)

Ko Saipetch said...

Chris, if you read "Fooled by Randomness" too, I will vote for you when you run for public office! ha ha ha