Sunday, April 16, 2006

99 Luftballons/99 Red Balloons

I told my wife about my previous post about Colonel Petrov, and she reminded me that one of my favorite songs that I use to brainwash her is very relevant. The 1984 song is in German and is called "99 Luftballons." It was translated into English as "99 Red Balloons."

You and I in a little toy shop
Buy a bag of balloons with the money we've got
Set them free at the break of dawn
'till one by one they were gone
Back at base, sparks in the software
Flash the message "something's out there"
Floating in the summer sky
Ninety nine red balloons go by

Ninety nine red balloons
Floating in the summer sky
Panic bells, it's red alert
There's something here from somewhere else
The war machine springs to life
Opens up one eager eye
And focusing it on the sky
The ninety nine red balloons go by...


The full lyrics can be found here.

We were not so lucky in the song.

No comments: