Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Debate About Life After Death

Michael Shermer gains my respect as a great proponent and educator against irrational beliefs.

Deepak Chopra is very likely one of the greatest (and very rich) living charlatan of our time. He is a real medical doctor, by the way.

They had a debate about Life after Death. You should be able to guess which side I am on.

A moral of the story is: Even if a person is a real medical doctor, it does not mean that he is not a bullshitter and we should always question authority.

If there is life after death, there is no evidence for it. Given what we have observed in the world, I don't think it's likely there is such a thing. It's not depressing to me that after I die, I would feel exactly like before I was born and that I should live the best/most useful life I can during the short time I have. Many people I talked to don't feel the same way and prefer that there is an afterlife.

No comments: